Saturday, October 6, 2007

Donorschoose.org Challenge

Dear Reader,

Many of us were lucky enough growing up to have access to things like cameras, art supplies and various materials for school projects, but we all knew at least one child in our class who didn't have those same advantages. Through Donorschoose.org teachers can request help to pay for materials that their classrooms need and can not afford.

My challenge to you is to find a proposal and either donate to it directly or challenge your friends and family to help. I plan to send some money in for two separate projects on pay day. The first is for cameras because as a child I loved taking pictures of everything I could find (especially rocks) and a field trip to buy books that the class plans to take just before Christmas. Call me a softy but it will be nice to know that all the children in that classroom will have a least one Christmas present this year :).

No comments: